|Posted on February 15, 2016 at 11:10 AM||comments (1)|
Have you recieved your tax return and wondered what would be the best place to invest that money. Well just look up and you will realize the best place to invest it is in your home. After all a home is one of lifes greatest investments.
Take adavantage this tax season and get those long needed repairs taken care of, or maybe you need a new roof use that towards paying the cost of the replacement and if you are short of some money well we offer financing.
Theres no need for excuses any more! The longer you wait the more expensive repairs will be and a roof is a homes first line of defense. It needs to be strong and healthy. So this tax season lets vow to get our roofs in health and guarantee they live up to their maximum capacity.
|Posted on January 26, 2016 at 11:55 AM||comments (1)|
1. Sagging or otherwise pulling away from the house. Gutters that are sagging, coming away from the house, or bowing likely aren’t doing their job properly. This is one of the easiest warning signs to spot, since you can probably see this when you’re looking up from the ground. Most of the time, this occurs because the gutters are full of heavy water, which is a red flag that they’re not draining correctly.
2. Rust. While you may need to get up on a roof or ladder to see this warning sign, it’s worth taking a look because it’s a surefire sign you need new gutters. Rusting gutters will eventually get holes and cracks in them that will cause water to spill out before it gets to the end of the downspout. Aluminum gutters that won’t rust are becoming more and more popular, so that’s an option to consider when you’re getting your older, rusty gutters replaced.
3. Flooding basement. Gutters that aren’t working properly are the primary cause of basement floods. Because water in the basement can cause a huge hassle and many thousands of dollars worth of property damage, it’s a good idea to look at replacing your gutters as soon as possible if this is happening to you.
4. Water damage or marks on the outside of your home. Water that’s splattering on or running down the sides of your house will often leave a trace in the form of water stains, peeling paint, or even mold growth. If you see any of these signs on your exterior walls or directly underneath the gutters themselves, your gutters aren’t doing their job properly.
5. Splits and/or cracks. Even small cracks or splits in your gutters deserve immediate attention. Because of the force of running water, tiny cracks can quickly become bigger ones that will allow water to flow down the sides of your house. While small repairs can be done with specially designed gutter repair tape or roofing cement to keep the gutters operating, too many cracks or cracks that are too large to repair means it’s time to shop for new gutters.
|Posted on January 22, 2016 at 10:05 AM||comments (0)|
Have you ever looked up and noticed that your roof is covered in debris. At the moment you see and think it is not a big problem yet what is going on beneath the surface is very damaging. Debris causes water to accumulate, creates leaks, and even and causes your roof to rot.
It is highly damaging and should be taken care of the moment you spot it. The best recommendation is to have your roof cleaned at least twice a year and to have a good maintenence plan.
|Posted on January 15, 2016 at 12:35 AM||comments (0)|
We have some good news and a few changes this year.
For starters we have a brand new number 281-712-7171.
As well we finally provide fiancing options.
So please just give us a call and we will be more than glad to provide you with the information.
|Posted on January 12, 2016 at 10:00 AM||comments (0)|
Yearly maintenance is very important in sustaining a healthy roofing system. Now what does maintenance on a roof entail,
1. Inspect your gutters
2. Inspect your attic
3. Inspect Skylights
4. Inspect remainder of roof for any debris, nail pops, or lifted shingles.
This all seems very simple right. Yet if you don't know what to look for exactly, or how to fix the problem it can become stressful.
That is why we offer Maintenance programs. We will thoroughly inspect your roof, remove nail pops, replace up to 10 shingles, secure all metal flashing, secure all roof vents, secure all plumbing vents, seal all exposed nails, and chemically wash of roof to remove algae build up.
Just give us a call at 281-712-7171 and schedule a roof roof inspection.
This in the end will save you money, time, and will increase the life span of your roofing system.
|Posted on December 7, 2015 at 11:55 AM||comments (0)|
It is one of the most common mistakes homeowners can make. We notice that there is a problem and we get it inspected and recieve the proposals/estimates and then decide that we are going to wait to take care of the repairs. Wether its that you might not have the money at the moment, other priorities, or at the moment you would like to wait in hopes of finding a better offer.
Now that at times this could help you find a better deal usually this leads to a more costly mistake. As we decide to wait the damage that is already on the roofing system will continue to grow and expand. One leak can turn into two leaks, a crack can become a hole, and what once was a few hundred can now become a thousand dollar repair. When there is damage on the roof it is always best to get it taken care of as soon as possible. This will keep costs and damages low.
|Posted on November 13, 2015 at 12:45 AM||comments (0)|
Have you ever gone up and inspected your roof only to find that nails have poped up through the shingles.
There are several reasons as to how this happens all ranging from imporper installation to improper tools. The most common reason though is expansion and contraction of the roof during the varying seasons. This causes the nails to mover and pop our of place. WIth yealry inspection and maintenance the problem can be fixed and taken care of.
Always take care of nail pops as they are one of the leading causes of roof leaks. Never allow them to go exposed. Always call a professional and have them take a look and take care of the nail pops.
|Posted on November 2, 2015 at 10:20 AM||comments (0)|
****What type of damage does wind create on a roof system?*****
Well for starters when there are heavy winds your roof will be affected but it will not be uniform. Certain areas will be subject to higher pressure such as the perimeter while the center portion will have lower pressure.
Now the real damage begins when the material on the roof begins to move around. Wherever there are loose materials they will rise and become lifted. Once the material such as shingles have been lifted whenever rain falls then your roof has become susceptible to a roof leak.
*** AFTER ANY HEAVY WINDS OR STORM ALWAYS HAVE YOUR ROOF INSPECTED FOR DAMAGE***
This is the best and effective way to asses the damage as well as stop and prevent any future damage.
|Posted on October 29, 2015 at 1:10 PM||comments (0)|
Please Read a few tips on how to maintain your roof during winter:
1. Check for loose shingles
2. Check attic insulation
3. Check proper attic Ventilation
5. Check metal flashing around roof vents, pipes, skylights, and chimneys
Doing these 5 tips will help ensure that your roofing system stays healthy during the colder months.
|Posted on October 26, 2015 at 10:15 AM||comments (0)|
We are so pleased that our charity event went smoothly. We would like to go ahead and give everyone a thank you for showing up and supporting the cause. We know that the children are going to be beyond happy when they see how much people have shown care for them. We again would like to express our gratitude to Newks Eatery for catering our event.
Please if you ever feel like you would Coat of Arms Roofing to come out and help you support a cause just let us know and we will see what we can do and help you.
Again we would like to express our gratitiude to everyone.